After the game’s initial reveal at the Future Games Show earlier this June, the AirportSim creators are ready to shed more light on how the game can be enjoyed by different kinds of gamers.
Three different game modes – Free Roam, Scenario, and Challenge – are guaranteed soft landing for all civil aviation enthusiasts, whether they’re pros or only beginning their adventure.
Add the game to your wishlist on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1715280/AirportSim/) to see the development crew at work.
AirportSim is a contemporary and realistic simulator that gives you the chance to take your first step into the world of civil aviation as an airport ground handler. Whether you’re a beginner in this genre or a pro that knows the ins and outs, AirportSim, with its realistic graphics, real-life models of airports, licensed machines, dynamic weather conditions, three different gameplay modes, and a team of experts supporting its development, will deliver you the fun, challenge, and setting of a genuine airport apron.
AIRPORTSIM – GAMEPLAY
Airport Sim starts where Microsoft Flight Simulator ends. While the aircraft’s arrival at the gate is the end of its journey, it’s also the beginning of the ground crew’s duties. Welcoming passengers, offloading baggage, refueling large planes, pushing them back for departure – all that and more await those willing to start their career in ground operations.
You have to remember that in this line of work, efficiency, time, and precision all matter equally. Whether it’s a tug, tanker, air bridge, or even a luggage belt, they are all handled differently and are affected by various weather conditions.
This especially applies if you perform real-life tasks on licensed airports and aircraft since Airport Sim is being developed with multiple civil aviation industry companies, ensuring it’s as realistic as possible.
That’s also why dynamic weather conditions were implemented in the game. On open tarmac, with gale-force winds blowing or a violent thunderstorm sweeping by, you’ll be forced to change the dynamic of your operations.
Combined with online and local co-op and the Free Roam, Scenario, and Challenge modes to meet your skills and needs, Airport Sim will be a game like no other.
AIRPORTSIM – MAIN FEATURES
- Realistically reproduced airports – Warsaw, Vágar, Keflavik, and Key West, with more to come as DLC.
- Recreated licensed vehicle models based on manufacturer documents and blueprints.
- The world’s most popular aircraft types – Boeing 737 MAX and Airbus A320 NEO.
- Diverse game modes – Free Roam, Scenario, and Challenge.
- Online and local co-op.
- Real-time weather pulled from active METAR data.
- Weather customization that allows you to change different parameters.
- Realistic simulation of time and the position of the sun depending on the geographical position, date, and time of year.
- Accurate in-game tasks based on documented knowledge and interviews with real-world airport ground handling staff.
- Steam Workshop implementation, allowing you to create your own aircraft skins and gameplay scenarios.